Saturday, May 05, 2007

Charles Krauthammer on George Tenet

Charles Krauthammer on George Tenet on National Review Online

Quite frankly, I never felt comfortable with Tenet, a Clinton appointee, staying on as CIA Director under Bush. My conspiracy theory was that he "had something" on Bush. Of course, there is also a lot to be said for continuity in an institution such as the CIA. I would add that this continuity was not such a good idea after eight years of complacency and re-direction after the end of Cold War. Also, Clinton was the guy who had previously appointed John Deutch, who euphemistically "mishandled" classified information, and attempted to get Anthony Lake to succeed him. If I can remember why I disliked Anthony Lake, perhaps I'll mention it later. If I recall, he had a soft spot in his heart for the old Soviet system of government. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

No comments: